After the installation of WordPress, a very important thing is installing and activating the plugins. Why is it necessary to have plugins? Well, simply put they add functionality to your WordPress website. And who would not like to have the luxury of additional features?
In this article, we would learn how to install WordPress plugins step by step.
Installing Plugins by WordPress Plugin Search
This is the easiest of all three ways. There is a limitation to this option, and that is, the plugin you want to add must be in the WordPress Plugin directory. Also read diabolic traffic bot. The directory only contains free plugins. So you cannot have the pro versions of the plugins by this method.
- Go to the WordPress admin area.
- Click on Plugins then select Add New.
- Type the name or functionality of the plugin you want. You will find a list of plugins.
- Choose the plugin which you want.
- Click the Install Now button. The plugin will be downloaded and installed.
- You will see a message with the option of activating the plugin or return to the plugin installer.
- Activate the plugin.
That’s it. You are done!
Installing Plugins by WordPress Admin Plugin Upload
We have already mentioned that you can install and activate free WordPress plugins from the WordPress plugin directory. We have also informed that paid or pro versions of plugins are not found in the directory.
- Also read affiliate marketing.
So what to do for them? WordPress has the Upload option for those plugins. You can upload them from the admin area using the upload method.
So, here we go.
- Download the plugin from the source that will be a zip file.
- Go to the WordPress admin area
- Select Plugins, then Add New
- Select the Upload Plugin >on top of the page. You will get to the plugin upload page.
- Click on the Choose File button and choose the plugin file you already have downloaded to your system.
- Once you have selected the file, click on the Install Now button. WordPress would upload the plugin file and install it. You will receive a success message after the installation.
- After that, you need to activate the plugin by selecting Activate Plugin.
That’s it. You are done!
Installing Plugins Manually by Using FTP
If your hosting provider has some file restrictions, you cannot install plugins from the admin area. Also read best lic agent. So you will have to install them manually by FTP. This method is, however, difficult for beginners. But you have no choice. So let’s do it.
- Download the plugin source file. It would be a zip file.
- Extract the file on your system. There would create a new folder with the same name after extracting the zip file.
- Manually upload the folder to your website using an FTP client.
- Access your host through FTP manager.
- Open the FTP client and connect to your website. Also read article marketing. Use the login credentials which your host provided you.
- After connecting, access the path: /wp-content/plugins/
- Upload the folder which you extracted from the zip file to /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to the WordPress admin area and select the Plugins link in the menu. Also read insurance coverage. Your plugin is successfully installed.
- Click on the Activate link to activate the plugin.
- Configure the plugin settings.
That is it. You are done for certain.